My resolutions, continued.
1. Acquire the ability to read the minds of clients.
2. Have a fling with Strunk & White's Elements of Style.
3. Tell the Chicago Manual of Style where to go.
4. Become less of a grammarian, more of a post-post-modernist, with a sprinkling of modernist sensibilities and a dash of formalism for good measure.
5. Make plans to attend AWP (in 2011).
6. Read more Heidegger.
7. Consume the entire bodies of work of T.S. Eliot, Wallace Stevens, Flann O'Brien, and Neil Gaiman. In the sense of brain consumption, not ingestion.