Monday, March 5, 2007

February? What February?

Okay, we skipped a month posting a newsletter...but that's okay, since it probably went unnoticed by 99.998% of our overall viewing population. (Though I guess we were lucky to get one lonely blogger response in January...) But come on, let's hear from you! I know you're out there...my site stats tell me so.

I just read a New York Times review on MoMA's new exhibition, entitled "Comic Abstraction: Image-Breaking, Image-Making." You can check it out at http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/02/arts/design/02comi.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th
Let me know what you think...I will leave out my personal opinions and let you guys run with it.

Although I will say this, cartooning certainly has its own place in the art world, but I think that bringing it into the field of fine arts can be a very delicate process, given its humble roots. Actually, we would love to see some illustrators on this site (hint hint)...

artiste

No comments: